Location: Sandvika, Norway or Gothenburg, Sweden
Trimble software engineering run from Sandvika consists of 7 agile delivery teams located in Norway, Sweden, Finland and Thailand, each with unique and world leading competency in infrastructure design software. We are offering a position in one of our offices Sandvika, Norway or Gothenburg, Sweden. In addition we collaborate closely with talented engineering teams working on other Trimble products such as SketchUp, SiteVision and Tekla Structures.
We offer you:
- Versatile and challenging tasks in a global company;
- Innovative and pioneering culture;
- Passion to help each other succeed;
- Turn your great software ideas into (mixed) reality, from design, implement and test;
- Work on long term product development and make a lasting contribution;
- An informal and flexible working environment,
- Competitive salary,
- Opportunities to grow inside the company;
- Inspiring work atmosphere where your competence is highly appreciated.
How you can contribute:
- Be part of a dynamic Agile team (team player, team spirit, key part of, enthusiastic!)
- Work across borders in an exciting international, multi-disciplinary, innovative environment
- Contribution to the greater TSSG Engineering team with expertise and knowledge
- Help define and encourage good Software Engineering principles and discipline
- Participate in ground-breaking web and cloud technology initiatives
- Make an impact on the development of products for tomorrow’s global infrastructure solutions.
- Be part of a team with close customer collaboration where value is created and appreciated first hand.
- Design & development experience in creating software solutions, with emphasis on server back end.
- Knowledge of the following: C/C++, C#/.NET and .NET Core, .NET 5, Client/server application development and SQL (such as Postgresql and Oracle)
- Software development fundamentals like OOP, MVC, Algorithms & Design Patterns
- Experience with technologies such as Kubernetes, Kafka, REST, GraphQL, gRPC and Protobuffers.
- DevOps experience in cloud environments such as AWS and Azure would be a great advantage
- Scripting skills would also be an advantage such as Linux Shell and Windows PowerShell scripts
- Experience in software development for CAD/CAE, 3D computer graphics or simulation is also an advantage
- Fluent English and local office language
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other relevant technical field required, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Masters degree in computer science or in relevant engineering discipline with significant computer science or CAE content, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
Attitude and enthusiasm is everything! If you have some but not all qualifications and feel motivated to apply, we encourage you to do so!
If you want to join our team, send your application and résumé with a salary request via the APPLICATION FORM as soon as possible, June 1st, at the latest.
If you want to know more about the role, contact Engineering Manager John Arthur email@example.com for technical questions or People eXperience (PX) Manager Natalie Holgersen firstname.lastname@example.org for HR related questions.
Møt våre ansatte
Solutions Architect, Sandvika Norway
What do you like best with your job?
The combination of freedom and responsibility.
There is a large customer base which is using our products on a daily basis in their professional lives. That in itself is a huge responsibility because we have to strive to give them the best possible experience. There is no one telling you exactly how to come to this, so this gives you the freedom to explore, try and come to great solutions. Of course combining this with the vast array of technologies at our disposal inside Trimble and all the smart and talented people. This creates a very fun environment!
MarCom Specialist, Gothenburg Sweden
What do you like best with your job?
I very much appreciate the dynamic of working with business and technology.
To be part of an organisation that has its history in technical innovation and that still keeps this path in to the future is what motivates me going forward with Trimble.